Friday 3 June 2011

Finecast part 3




So today I had to do a favour for a friend of mine which involved going up to Preston and picking up her bike and riding it back to Chorley. Lovely day for a bike ride, just wish I'd had some cash on me to stop for a pint on the way home, will be out in the yard this afternoon when I'm done here soaking up some more rays.
Okay an almost side by side view, top is my metal painted Librarian and below is the Finecast. I know that this isn't the best camera to be comparing them with but there and then and looking at my metal version when I got home later I really couldn't see a difference in the molding. Got the usual guff from the guy in the store about how much better it is, but to be honest there's barely a gap big enough to accept even the best credit card between them. The one thing of note was the knee pad looked crisper, but that could be down to an old mold when my metal Librarian was cast, which is something that hasn't been covered anywhere. What are these things going to look like when the molds are old?

So as far as i'm concerned this isn't that great a thing model wise.

No comments: