Monday 24 September 2012

Ravenwing Sgt

I wasn't able to get to Games Day this year, so spent the day playing around with the bikes I pilliged from a mates bits box. I sprayed one up black, and got these 2 to this state. The Sgt is posed in an action stance, with bike slewing around so he can line up a shot with his plasma pistol. To get the pose I cut the leg off on one side, turning it to the angle I wanted and reattching it with green stuff. I then painted over it with Vallejo black. I painted the trim in bleached bone and on the bike, and dry brushed the exhaust and engine in boltgun metal, for the muffler I mixed ice blue with shining gold and then when dry dry brushed it with gold. The riders torso is held on with blu tac for transport mostly, and the hand holding the handle bars as well. The sword is a conversion I had done for a Khonre Lord that never got played and is now back in the bits box, it is a sowrd with a plasma pistol added on to it, reasoning behind this is the Sgt wants to keep as may hands as he can on the handle bars and still be able to fight, either at range or in hand to hand with just one weapon, so the Artifiers have worked out how to do this for him. I thought the pose was a good way to get something dymanic into my army, and trying to get one of those things to stay put doing an endo with the rider whipping round with a bolt pistol is not something I'm going to attempt this side of a Golden Daemon entery. The 2nd biker is just a basic bike and rider on a 40k cav base that I was using as an objective marker in a zombie game, I took the injuried zulu off the base and just stuck the bike on.

No comments: