Thursday 25 October 2012

Unnamed Codex Allies

Here we have the start of my Codex Allies for the Lions Blades. The as yet unnamed Chapter has only one Squad but I am one step on from yesterday where I didn't even have any Heraldry to put on their should paldrons, which is the Tutonic Cross Potent or A black heraldic Jerusalem cross, which I may just use on Captains and the like. So I started off using a the Orange Fire Angels Techmarine as my insperation and then added the split colours of the Howling Griffions as I do like the look of that, a cheat around this looking bad most of the Marines I'll be painting up for this force will have the bolter accross their chests so you'll not be able to see how crap I paint the dividing line between the 2
colours.So the one Squad and 2 Heavy Bolters that I've painted up so far have all been undercoated with the last of the Iyadin Darksun as I did try one with a Mechrite Red undercoat and it didn't look good, even by my rather lax standards, with half the body in Blazing Orange, which I think is a new colour and the other half in Kommando Kharki. I swopped the colours round on the Paldron just to break it up. Which if I'd thought about it for a bit I would have put the colours the other way round and had the Cross Potent on a field metal( sometime I even research the shite I put up on here), instead of the non regulation field orange, not even sure that that is even a Heradlric colour, but stuff 'um.
So the third photo is going to be my 2nd Company Captain, he's armed with a Plasma Pistol, Relic Blade, and Auxillary Grenade Launcher. I've also decied to change his legs and give him some Knight/Chaos Warrior Fantasy legs that I have knocking around and call it... the name escapes me right now, it's the one with the 2+ save. It's not mater crafted. So the plasma pistol is mounted on the Paldron this time out, this is another Chaos Lord Conversion piece that didn't see the light of day and has been laing in the bits box for a while
now, the Grenade Launcher is a Fantasy Flintlock pistol glued onto the wrist stump of the left arm. The Relic Blade and arm are both from a Fantasy Orc, I'll be painting it up like a cybernetic implant. The blade itself is the spear shaft with the stone head cut off, I filed the shaft out between the bolt plates on the spear and filed down the ogre sword to fit between the pronges and then glued it into place. The last 2 photos ate showing the Heradlry, the first is the Cross Potent which will feature on all the Squads, I might turn it side ways for the Assault Squads (if/when
I pad these guys that much,) the bottom photo is of the Cross of Jerusalem which will feature on the Officers. If someone wants to help me a give a name suggestion I'll be very happy, just something Germanic sounding I think owing to the Cross Potent being a Tutonic Knightly Order Symbol.

No comments: