Saturday 31 August 2013

Apoc Schtuff- Retropective

So a couple of years i was chatting to a mate about Apoc and big games, now this guy had a bigger collection than anyone else I know but he turned round and said he wouldn't play an Apoc game as he didn't have any units, I asked him what he meant by this, as with just what's in this pic I've got 1 formation, and I know he had more than this back. What I think he meant was that he didn't have a Super Heavy to throw out and play with, as he does like his one model to rule them all armies. At this point I was working on the Poxy Proxy Predator and hadn't converted it to the PP Banesword as I hadn't seen how much bigger it was. It may seem like I'm rammberling here, and when you look at the length of the photo it's possible that I am, my point is Apoc is not just about Super Heavies it's about what you have in your collection, but having something big in your pocket doesn't hurt.
So as you can follow on the Poxy Proxy Predator label I made my own super heavy when I was made redundanat in 2009, which was also when I got back into 40k gaming as well. As the guys I play against most often are only building up their collections it's going to be some time before I can get a game in with it I think
And lastly we have my latest addition to my Apoc collection, at least that I don't need the Apoc to see whats in there, this is my Predator Assassin Formation made from the Baal, TL Las-Cannon and the Chaos Pred. These are all mk2 Predators from ebay, i was rather lucky to find the Las Cannon kit for sale and got it cheaply as well, thankfully it came with both Las Cannon and Heavy Bolter Sponson weapons so I was able to arm both of The Lions Blades Preds with sponson weapons. All 3 tanks have now been named, Luthers Choler for Y Geiriadur, The Lions Far Reaching Arm for the TW Las cannons and Knowes Fury for the Baal. And with this post coming out on 31-8-13 you might be wondering why I've not talked about the new releases, that would be because I can't get on the fething GW web site to drool over them!

No comments: