Monday 21 October 2013

Mastodon WIP.

Latest photo's have been added to my G+ account with the ATST head and Leman Russ tracks that I've turned around, I'd actually bought the Russ hoping that the tracks would look like the Sicarus tracks thus hinting at a design link between the 2. I've cut the guns off the ATST & added the sponsons from the Russ to the plates on the side of the head. In the photo I've added a driver from the Ravenwing in the gap where the chin turret was on the ATST, this was in no way inspired by the Olliphont riders. Rhino has been bought for the rear tracks and a friend looking for plasticard for me at her Uni for the body. After talking to Lexicanium on Facebook yesterday about the Mastodon it has a capacity of 40 but in Fear To Tread, you read about Blood Angels hanging off a Mastodon, so I'm planning on having Rhino top hatch & enough space on top for 10 marines with 2 pairs of matched heavy weapons on the front and the rear of the roof. On the back I intend to mount the Hurricane bolters from the Nephilim Jet Fighter that I haven't used. There are a lot of panels from the Leman Russ & Rhino that I intend to use on the body when I get that made, will be looking for a tutorial or 2 to show me how to use plasticard. Hopefully by the time I get the body built I'll be able to get photos back on my blog so I can show it off.

No comments: