Wednesday 12 March 2014

Mk2 Re-worked

Slowly starting to re-paint The Lion's Blades more black  and red so they fit more with the Chaos bikes that I use in both my Ravenwing and Chaos army. So far the only bits done in the new colours are this Predator and the mk1 Land Raider. The hull of this one does not go with this turret, this hull is the twin linked lascannon turret that after it's out standing survival in my last game where it took 2 melta shots, a rail cannon shot and every missile (just checked the Tau Codex and thats 6 missiles) off a Sky Ray AND, I'd forgotten this, a Bright Lance shot as well and only lost 1 hull point, I thought that that was worthy of a new name, I put it out to the Dark Angels Facebook group and 2 where good, but I don't think I could get away with calling it Lucky B@#%&*d, I choose the other option of Betrayer's Bane as for this game we were supposed to be going all out to destroy the Necron Vault and Transcendent C'Tan not my own Super Heavy. The turret is from a Tiger model and I use this one on the Baal Pred that didn't come with a turret. I had orginally made an auto cannon for it but I seem to have lost that so I cut up a Guard auto cannon and added a magnet so I can swop it for the custom las cannons if needed. This now needs boxing up with the others. Next project is the 3rd metal Venerable Dreadnought for The Glorious 1000.

No comments: