Friday 2 May 2014

399 And Counting; Showcase of The Lion's Blades

So I'll reach my 400th post and in the week I turned 40 as well, almost like I was aiming for some syncronicity there.
So as it's a big number I spent a couple of hours yesterday getting all The Lion's Blades in one place, another bike squad or all of the Terminators on 40mm bases and I might need to get a bigger table.
Top pic is all of the Blades I have currently, 3rd Company at the front, 1st Company, 2nd Company Dreadnoughts and Techmarines and at the back The Ironwing, all my tanks.
2nd pic is my Librarius, 1st ed metal Librarian, my counts as Ezikiel and my 1st Company Librarian made using the Asteron Molok mini from Forge World with a Gray Knight weapon arm.
3rd pic is my 4 Commanders, 1st Company built from a plastic Chaos Terminator Lord and lots of bits, 2nd Company built from the Scimitar jet bike and a Ravenwing sgt with a Black Templar sword, 3rd Company built mostly from a Destroyer body and arms with mk3 comms head and a mk2 power pack and lastly my Chapter Commander made with Terminator legs a Space Wolf body, a veteran head, Cypher plasma pistol arm and power pack and the cape from the plastic Terminator Lord.
4th pic is my Chaplincy, I've included Asteroth as he does get used in the Lion's Blades.
5th pic is the 6 Tactical Marine Squads.
6th pic is the Dev squads and my Company Vets, my latest stinging on ebay seems to have been the Marines I was buying to get these squads up to 10 men each, may also look to getting 2 more plasma cannons and multi meltas so I've got 4 of each (strenght in depth not ocd).
7th pic are my 3 Command Squads, front row is the 3rd Company, 2nd row is the 1st Company and at the back is the 2nd Company on the fantasy Empire Demigrphs.
8th pic is the Deathwing with the 9th pic being a close up of my Deathwing Knights.
10th pic is my Ravenwing, it's only as I write that I realise I missed out the Nephilim in this photo.
11th pic is my Dreadnoughts and Techmarnies, 12th is my 2 Land Raiders and the last photo is all my Rhino tanks.
All this has come together since I was made redundant in 2009, the only 2 minis left in my collection where the Librarian and the first Assassin, I also have a Fallern Angel army if over 2000 points, more if I share bits from the Lion's Blades, a Codex army at just over 2000 points, Knights of Blood with 3 squads and 3 Dreads, just waiting for the new Blood Angel Codex to see how that goes, 4 ten man guatd squads but there are embeded in the Fallern Army and plans to expand on them, and a core of 2nd ed Necrons that I'm going to expand on to create a Chaos Android army, using the Chaos Marine Codex as well as finish The Mastodon and the Scout Titan, so 5 months into the year and thinks are looking good.

No comments: