Monday 18 August 2014

Avatar Of The World Spirit

Was working on this a lot yesterday, I'd bought the mini off a guy on Facebook, all in £28 and pretty much as you see it in the 2nd pic, base coated in white. The only thing I put on the mini was the face. If I ever make another one of these I will be painting it before assembly as it was a bit tricky to do even in 2 parts. This was painted around a road trip to Preston and cooking a roast beef dinner. I base coated it white on saturday night, very little else of anything got done on Saturday. Sunday morning saw me putting the meat in the oven on a low heat then slopping off to Preston by coach as the train tracks are still being dug up to pick up the Lamentars Yellow Wash, I also picked up Scars for a bit of holiday reading. Once home i washed the body and legs with the Lamentars Yellow, I gave it a heavy wash. I then gave it a light brush of Yeriel Yellow all over, once that was dry I dry brushed with Troll Slayer Orange all over, then a dry brush with Evil Sunz Scarlet. After this I left it for it bit to finish the roast off. Once tea was over I started with a dry brush of Abaddon Black as it was getting dark by then I stopped what I was doing after I'd finished the coat, I just painted the sword blade with Ushabiti Bone and later gave that a wash with Sepia and sent a photo to a mate asking his thoughts on it. I took some photos in the morning in natural light as I thought I might need some more black on it, I think I might put some black on the arms, lower legs and those killer heels, I will be adding some Blood For The Blood God and some liquid green stuff onto the claws when I get home tomorrow, I'll also dry brush the sword with Screaming Skull.

No comments: