So from the evidence, be up early or miss out!
Available while stocks last!
Deadly skirmish combat in a war-torn hive world.
Armageddon is wracked with war. As hordes of ferocious Ork warriors surge across the planet, they are met in combat by the combined forces of the Imperium.
Across Hive Acheron, elite fighters creep through the twisting pipes and gantries of the hive to strike deep within enemy territory. They are assassins and saboteurs – the kill teams of Armageddon, battling over precious promethium in order to win the shadow war and decide the fate of the battle that has engulfed the planet.
A standalone boxed game, Shadow War: Armageddon pits kill teams against each other in skirmish combat, with a detailed set of rules that are easy to pick up, yet deep enough to delight even the most seasoned wargamer. Containing an assortment of Citadel miniatures Shadow War: Armageddon brings the thrill of close-up and personal warfare to your gaming table, from single skirmishes to hard-fought campaigns that could decide the fate of Armageddon.
Shadow War: Armageddon contains 2 kill teams to get you started with the game:
- a Space Marines Scouts kill team, consisting of 5 Space Marines Scouts with sniper rifles, 1 of which can be armed with a missile launcher; and 5 Space Marines Scouts with either bolt pistols and close combat weapons, bolters or shotguns (this includes options for a Sergeant with a bolt pistol and chainsword, and a Scout with a heavy bolter);
- an Ork kill team, consisting 10 Ork Boyz armed with sluggas, choppas and shootas; with 2 heavy weapons, stikk bombs and extra ammo, and an Ork Nob armed with a slugga and power klaw;
- a selection of brand new scenery pieces – modular plastic kits that allow you to build myriad multi-level structures on which to play your games. You’ll receive enough parts to build a variety of configurations, with extra walkways and balustrades to be clipped on wherever you please. These kits have been designed with plug-in holes which clip the scenery in place solidly yet can be removed – disassemble and reconfigure your battleground between games! Each piece of scenery is compatible with the Promethium Relay Pipes, Void Shield Generator and Haemotrope Reactor (each available separately), and represent Hive Acheron on your gaming table..
A deep and tactically rewarding game, Shadow War: Armageddon comes with a 120-page softback rulebook, containing:
- a history of the brutal conflicts that have wracked the hive world of Armageddon since the notorious Warboss Ghazghkull Thraka decided to invade;
- an overview of the main forces fighting over the hive world – Space Marines Scouts, Astra Militarum Veteran Squads and Ork Boyz Mobs – how they fight, why they fight and the wargear they employ;
- Core Rules: the set of rules you need to learn in order to play Shadow War: Armageddon. It covers the items you need in order to play and the characteristics of each fighter type, along with a breakdown of a game turn – this will teach you movement, shooting, hand-to-hand combat and recovering from injuries, along with an explanation of the mechanics behind using terrain;
- extra rules for hiding, shooting modifiers for targeting enemies according to your weapon’s range and their cover status, overwatch, hurling grenades, reloading and running out of ammunition, parrying, critical hits and more;
- Advanced Rules: a set of optional rules adding yet more complexity to games – these cover damage caused by falling from heights, leaping over gaps or down from higher ground, stray shots and weapon failures, as well as the psychological effects of up-close warfare – fear, terror, hatred and frenzy all have their place;
- a detailed armoury, covering the different weapons, equipment and armour available, with profiles for all the gear available to Space Marines Scouts, Astra Militarum Veterans and Ork Boyz, complete with specialised ammunition types, different weapon optics and equipment;
- 6 missions, leading you through setting up the battlefield, deploying your kill teams, and the victory conditions for your game;
- a collection of evocative photography of Citadel miniatures, helping to visualise the kill teams and battles of Hive Acheron.
Shadow War: Armageddon features comprehensive rules for linking games together into a larger campaign:
- improve your warriors with a Skills table that confers persistent abilities and upgrades to the members of your kill teams, gradually turning them into a squad of elites;
- Special Operatives: battle-hardened fighters who can be added to your squad;
- Subplots: these are mission-specific rules that can add rivalries, psychological and physical effects to your games;
- Rewards of Battle – a post-mission phase determining your squad’s recovery from injury, advancement of skills and gathering of promethium;
- a reference guide making managing campaigns easier, with blank roster sheets.
As well as this, you’ll find the items needed to play the game itself:
- 3 translucent red plastic templates – a 3” small blast template, a 5” large blast template and an 8” teardrop-shaped flamer template, along with counters for identifying miniatures in states such as Overwatch and Hidden;
- a promethium tank counter and a bunker entrance counter, used for certain missions;
- 7 dice – 5xD6, a scatter die and an artillery die.
Shadow War: Armageddon can be expanded using a variety of existing Citadel miniatures. From the tab on the right you can download free PDFs containing rules for Adeptus Mechanicus, Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Harlequins, Grey Knights, Necrons, Tau Empire, Tyranids and Genestealer Cults – these rules allow you to assemble kill teams made up of these armies, make use of their unique weapons and wargear, gain experience and skills in campaigns and recruit special operatives in the same way the kill teams from the rulebook can.